Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Descriptive Writing: Occupation - Librarians

Whainga Paetae:  I am learning to choose the most interesting details and comments to add into my writing.  I will think of things and then extend out the interesting parts.

In New Zealand I think there are over 10,000 librarians.  Librarians are people who work in libraries and issue books.  We need librarians because they know a lot about books.

Librarians work in different sections in a library.  They don't just issue books they can issue DVDs and CDs as well.  Librarians also help you find books that are hidden in the library.

Librarians like reading books that they like in their spare time, using the computer, helping others, browsing the library and having the same people say hello when they visit.

Even though there are positives the negatives have to come along too. Librarians don't like picking up books after people, when the computer freezes while they are doing something, books not being in the right section and heaps of people coming to you at once.

Some people think that being a librarian is easy but it is difficult too.  I think we will have better librarians in the future because there might be new authors that write exciting books.  If I was a librarian I would enjoy going to work.

By Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment